We are going to support the Bitcoin (BTC) Taproot upgrade.
Expected approximately on 14 Nov., 2021 (UTC), at a height of 709,632, a soft fork named Taproot will be carry out on the Bitcoin (BTC) network, which aims to improve privacy, efficiency and smart contracts capability.
In the meantime, please note:
- Trading of BTC will not be affected during the upgrade.
- Deposits and withdrawals of BTC will be suspended during the upgrade.
- We will re-open deposits and withdrawals for BTC once we deem the upgraded network to be stable.
- The estimated time of the upgrade above mention is only for reference and is subject to change depending on block propagation times.
How will Taproot upgrade benefit users:
- Higher Privacy Level: Taproot will make simple transactions indistinguishable from simplified ones.
- Lower Fees: By reducing amount of transaction data lower transaction costs.
- Higher TPS: Less data per transaction means more data per block, which make a higher TPS rate.
Thank you for your patience and support!