1. When depositing coins from another platform (wallet, exchange, etc.) to ABCC, the other platform shows that the transfer has been completed. Why is the deposit not confirmed on ABCC?
Depositing cryptocurrency coins typically take three steps: Initiate transfer block confirmation Transfer confirmed/completed.
Step 1: Initiate transfer. The transfer is initiated on the other platform (wallet, exchange, etc.). The transaction is broadcasted to the corresponding blockchain network.
Step 2: The corresponding blockchain network confirms the transaction. Depending on network throughput and congestion level, the amount of time it takes to receive a sufficient number of confirmations varies.
Step 3: Once the network generates a sufficient number of confirmations, ABCC will complete the transfer process and make the funds available to you.
You can use a blockchain transaction viewer (such as blockchain.info for Bitcoin and etherscan.io for Ethereum) to check the status of your transfer.
- Case 1: If the transfer shows confirmed on the blockchain, but the fund does not show up in your balance at ABCC, please submit a service ticket or contact us at email@example.com and provide your registration email address, coin transferred, transaction ID (TXID) and screenshot of the transaction status on ABCC.
- Case 2: If the transfer shows unconfirmed on the blockchain, please kindly wait until it is confirmed on the blockchain.
- Case 3: If you have not received a TXID from the originating platform, or if cannot find your transaction using TXID on the blockchain transaction viewer, most likely the transaction has not been sent out by the originating platform. Please contact customer service at the originating platform to check the status of your transfer.
Note: For Case 1, please make sure to include screenshots of
- Blockchain confirmation
- Transaction status on ABCC
We will process your inquiries as soon as possible. Tickets with complete information and requested screenshots will be processed faster.